Our Mission:

The mission of T4 is to glorify God by preaching the Gospel, encouraging believers, and making disciples in the community of Lake Tahoe, with an emphasis on youth and snow-sport athletes, by relating to the culture through snowboarding and partnering with the local body of believers.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Jake's Update




Hello family and friends!
This trip has meant a whole lot to me. In thinking about what God has done for me, about 100 things come to mind. The biggest thing I have learned so far is to be intentional with everything I do. Yeah yeah yeah we have all heard to do that before. But this concept has finally become real to me. I have also grown in appreciation for all the incredible people in my life. I have found that there are too many incredible people in too many incredible places for me to be with. I guess that is a good problem to have!

My older brother Kyle came out last week to Tahoe with his friend Scott. I had a blast riding with them at Squaw Valley. Tomorrow my wonderful girlfriend Jaci will arrive and we look forward to serving the Lord together here for a few days! I am still doing online classes and trying my best to keep up with those. As summer approaches I have been thinking and praying more and more about returning to Tucson. I can't wait to get back to my friends, parents, brothers, and my sister. After summer is Chicago again!
Thank you all for your prayers and for reading this. Knowing that you believe in this mission means so much to me and the guys. We would love to hear your words of encouragement and wisdom. All of you made this trip possible. God bless!
- Jake

0 comments:

Post a Comment